Z-Series Convertible Set™
Z-Series Convertible Set™
In This Set
- Bridge: Z-Series Convertible for Bridge™ (ZCH4)
- Middle: Z-Core Vintage 5 (ZVN5)
- Neck: Z-Series Convertible for Neck (ZCM4)
Recommended Controls Kits
- Kit #5: (2) CTS 500k push/pull pots, (1)Bourns 250k no load blend pot
- Kit #5A: (2) CTS 500k push/pull pots, (1) CTS 250k audio taper no load pot
- Kit #7: (2) CTS 250k audio taper push/pull pots (1) Bourns 250k no load blend pot
- Kit #7A: (2) CTS 250k audio taper push/pull pots (1) CTS 250k audio taper no load pot
* Note, the default for push pots is CTS Push/pull. If you want the push/push let us know by email
The Original Legacy Series Convertible Set is another versatile “jack of all trades” set designed to do it all. The Z-Series potted versions of these same pickups give you all of the versatility and performance at a more accessible price point. With the Convertible Set you get great single-coil tones in the neck and middle in Silent Split mode, and a powerful AlNiCo on steroids tone in series mode. Choose the Convertible Set if versatility is important to you and if great single coil tones are your first priority. Combine the Convertible Set with one of our suggested wiring kits or purchase a wired set and get the full capability of up to 17 different pickup combinations.
Legacy Series equivalent: Convertible Set
- “Assembled Sets” are fully wired with pickups, controls, 5-way switch and capacitor and mounted on a cardboard template.
- For a Loaded Pickguard with this set (fully wired with pickups, controls, 5-way switch and capacitor along with pickguard, knobs and switch tip of your choice), order here.
- For Assembled and Loaded Pickguard Bucker sets (wired to controls), the default is to wire the switch(es) so that the split is on when the push/pull is up, normal mode down. If you wish to have it wired split down, please let us know by email.
- The default for Push pots is the CTS push/pull. If you'd prefer to substitute push/push, let us know by email.
Controls Kit Assembly Information
- Assembled sets are fully wired with controls, 5-way switch and capacitor mounted on a cardboard template.
- Kits don’t include pickguards, knobs or a switch tip. For a Loaded Pickguard click here.
- Sets are wired with Strat spacing. Please let us know if you have anything non-standard.
- For Assembled Convertible sets (wired to controls), the default is to wire the switch(es) so that the split is on when the push/pull is down, series mode up. If you wish to have it wired split up, please let us know by email.
- The default for push/pull pots is the CTS push/pull. If you'd prefer to substitute push/push, let us know by email.
- Pickups may take 10-15 days before ready for shipment.
- Lefties are considered special orders and may take up to 3 weeks before ready for shipment.
- Left-handed "Z-Core" pickups are only available from the Custom Shop. If you want this feature for a set, here is an option.
- We have limited availability of left handed parts. Please contact us for left-handed loaded pickguards and assembled sets.
- Z-Series pickups have their covers potted on. Removal will void the warranty.
- Cover color choice is presented at checkout.
- USPS First Class International Postage is not available for orders over $400 USD. Only USPS Priority International or Priority Express International are available over $400 USD.