Z-Core 5 Vintage Set™
Z-Core 5 Vintage Set™
In This Set
- Bridge: Z-Core Vintage 5™ (ZVN5)
- Middle: Z-Core Vintage Underwound 5™ (ZVU5)
- Neck: Z-Core Vintage Underwound 5™ (ZVU5)
Recommended Controls Kits
- Kit #6: (3) CTS 250k audio taper pots
- Kit #6A: (2) CTS 250k audio taper pots, (1) 250k no load tone pot
- Kit #10: (2) CTS 250k audio taper pot, (1) Bourns 250k no load blend pot
- Kit #10A: (1) CTS 250k audio taper pot, (1) CTS 250k no load audio taper pot, (1) Bourns 250k no load blend pot
The Z-Core 5 Vintage Set is the lowest output Strat set we make, targeted at that classic low wind 50’s/late 60’s response in the neck and middle. The slightly hotter bridge, like an early/mid 60’s output, provides a more balanced response than you would find in a true vintage set of pickups. It is compatible with conventional 250 kΩ controls. We recommend control kit 6 with this set(or 10 if you want to add a blend pot). Select the kit with an "A" on the end if you want a no load tone pot for the neck and middle pickups (or a master no load for kit 10).
- “Assembled Sets” are fully wired with pickups, controls, 5-way switch and capacitor and mounted on a cardboard template.
- For a Loaded Pickguard with this set (fully wired with pickups, controls, 5-way switch and capacitor along with pickguard, knobs and switch tip of your choice), order here.
Controls Kit Assembly Information
- Assembled sets are fully wired with controls, 5-way switch and capacitor mounted on a cardboard template.
- Kits don’t include pickguards, knobs or a switch tip. For a Loaded Pickguard click here.
- Sets are wired with Strat spacing. Please let us know if you have anything non-standard
- Pickups may take 10-15 days before ready for shipment.
- Lefties are considered special orders and may take up to 3 weeks before ready for shipment.
- Left-handed "Z-Core" pickups are only available from the Custom Shop. If you want this feature for a set, here is an option.
- We have limited availability of left handed parts. Please contact us for left-handed loaded pickguards and assembled sets.
- Z-Series pickups have their covers potted on. Removal will void the warranty.
- Cover color choice is presented at checkout.
- USPS First Class International Postage is not available for orders over $400 USD. Only USPS Priority International or Priority Express International are available over $400 USD.